Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good nights sleep

That is exactly what I had last night. I was still exhausted yesterday from Sunday's workout, didn't help that for some reason I haven't been sleeping well and I have also been waking up with a sore neck everyday so it may be time to re-evaluate the pillow situation. Anyway had really sore ovaries yesterday so I was feeling very tired and grumpy all day. Did cardio in the morning and weights this morning. I ended up coming home and after preparing my meals for the day took 2 panadeine forte (I know shouldn't really be relying on drugs) as I knew they would knock me out and give me a good nights sleep. What happens when you get tired and grumpy, you start doubting yourself and wondering why you train so hard, watch what you eat etc etc, it doesn't help in my situation where I now have the competing bug, but am trying to conceive aswell so I have to put competing to the side so that is when the self doubt comes in 'cause I wonder why I am working so hard to achieve what? Anyway I woke up this morning in much better spirits, especially when I got to work and had an email sitting there from Rae.

I am catching up with Rae tomorrow, probably not for our usual coffee but the lovely Rae has saved me some of her home made Rocky Road so I just have to try it. Went out for a business lunch today (a very long lunch) and had a lovely grilled lemon and rosemary chicken breast on a chargrilled field mushroom and baked ricotta, yummo, haven't had cheese in ages!! Speaking of work I was showing them Rae's photos (hope you don't mind darl) and I told them this is what I will be doing one day, so perhaps now they will understand why I am always eating chicken mince and brocoli and perhaps they will stop making there little comments towards me. It's funny how people stand there in awe of the end product but are quick to criticise all the effort and hard work you put in!!

Gee, I've just realised I've drunk a litre of water while sitting here writing this post, I better slow down otherwise I will be on the loo all night.

A big hi to Meggie and Jeh if you are reading this!

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jehanne said...

Hey to you to! Indeed I am reading this!!! Yeh, too bad people are so critical of the training etc... Lucky you getting to see Rae all the time, have some rocky road for me! I end up getting up at least once during the night to make a loo visit cause of all the water I drink, its so annoying. I even dont drink water after 7, but I still have my protein shake about 8.30, that might be the problem, oh well. Glad to hear you woke up in good spirits!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger MeEgZZZ said...

HEY HEY!!! :)
tired and grumpy, hey i know how u feel!! thats me at the moment too!!!
i also have the comp bug, and must be the most anoying person to a friend who also compete's at my gym, cause i keep on asking stuff about it!!! :P
hehehe yum yum rocky road !!!
are you going to go to the comp in July???? i'd love to catch up with u again!!! :)
have a good day
xx

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger RaeC said...

You will have to let me know what you thought of the rocky road honey!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home