Wednesday, May 03, 2006

AH lost my post!

I spent ages writing a post yesterday and just as I was about to publish it we had a huge powercut. Buggar!! Anyway I did what I said I was going to do the other night even though I was tired I went for a 30min powerwalk on the treddie. This was 'extra' exercise. I now know why I was tired, I have come down with a bad/cold flu. I did train yesterday even though I dragged my sorry arse to the gym but the funny thing was even though I felt shite I went up in all my weights in all my exercises. Go figure. I woke up this morning with the sore throat no energy thing happening and did spin, but unfortunatley I went down hill from there. They send me home from work so I have been on the coach all day and ended up having sushi for dinner which is not on plan but you get that. I won't be getting up for the gym tomorrow but I am hoping if I feel better to hit the weights tomorrow night instead.

On another note, and to cut a long story short, for the past year I have been trying to get pregnant but have not been having my periods. This is why I am so up in the air with my goals as I would love to get leaner and compete but hey you can't do two things at once. I think that is why I get so negative sometimes about sticking to a plan and training so hard just to maintain when I really want more. I suppose it will have to wait until after I have babies. Anyway I went for a scan and without going into details I now have to be referred to a fertility clinic. So I'm feeling rather upset at the moment. They will have to give me drugs and the side effects can make you quite sick, but it is something I have to do. Alot of this apparently has to do with the hypothalamus which controls most glands in the body and all the hormones. Effects of it not working properly include severe bloating (hello), depression, emotional, not feeling satisfied with food and always being hungry (I'm surprised I have been able to stick to my plan most of the time), being sick all the time, the list goes on and on. I have a feeling this is probably why I am not leaning out even though I am training damn hard and do stick to my plan 97% of the time. So until I go back to the doc on Saturday (she will explain it more) I don't know what I am up for. All I do know is that this will have to be my main focus for the time being and I am going to have to learn that if I can't make it to the gym or am not feeling up to it to stop being a matyr as this is more important. Don't get me wrong I will still train and eat well, but instead of my whole existence revolving around training and eating I need to set a priority elsewhere.

Hey, I do still intend of being a buff mummy! just watch me:)

xxxx

2 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Jehanne said...

I am sorry to hear about that, I truly hope that everything works out for you without you having to go through lots of treatment and stuff. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Will be thinking of you!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger sarahz said...

Thanks Jeh, I don't think it will be too bad from what I can tell at this stage they will give me tablets but its the tablets that make you unwell. I'll just keep doing what I can when I can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home