Friday, April 11, 2008

My little boy in hospital

WOW what a horrible week I've just had.  Jay came down with a high temp on Sunday night and I took him to the doc on Monday morning and again Monday afternoon.  He just got worse and worse and by early Tuesday morning I took him to Armadale hospital.  To cut a long story short we were admitted Tuesday and stayed in until Friday lunch time.  He had a very bad virus.  Basically his temp was so high and he would just lye there not moving or anything.  It was very sad to see.  He had a tube up his nose as he wouldn't eat or drink.  Finally on Thursday night he broke out in a rash everywhere and his temp went down.  I'm still struggling to get him to eat or drink but he is much better and thank god we both had a good nights sleep last night.

So no training all week and not eating the best, I need to get back on top of it.  The other thing is the gym creche is fully booked all next week so although I can train at home its just finding the time and the time is when Jay is in bed, and being pregnant by this time of night I am just exhausted.

On another note I have hit the 12 week mark so feeling better about the whole thing.  Go for my scan in a week so after that I will feel even more better knowing there is actually a baby inside me as I haven't seen it yet.

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

Honey, what a horriblle thing to go through!! I hope little Jay is well on his way to recovery.

And don't put so much pressure on yourself to "get back into it". You've got a lot on your plate with a sick little boy and being pregnant. Be kinder to yourself sweetie!! xxx

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Em said...

Oh hun that is horrible!
I totally understand how you feel as we had William in the hospital the first weeek of the school holidays as he had a case of flu and his temp went through the roof, the only way he would get anything in his tummy was if I forced him and the only way he would sleep is laying on me it is very sad to your see your child soooo sick and feel helpless to do anyting, I would have done anything to take Williams place!
I hope that your little man is back to his happy self :)
Good to hear your feeling better good luck with meeting your baby on board :)
Em:)

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Sam D-M said...

Hey Sarah,

I have read this after replying to your email. What a stressful week you have had! I hope Jay is much better now. I am worried about my unborn baby so I can only imagine how that feeling intensifies.

I am so excited for you having your scan this week, I look forward to hearing how it goes :)

Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home