Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm in early labour

That is what the midwife has told me. They hooked me up to a machine to check. I'm a bit in denial due to all the pains and cramps I have been having but these contractions started at about 7.00pm (it is now 2.40am), are quite painful but not painful enough to go to hospital. I managed to go to bed at 10.15pm probably due to the panadeine they gave me for my stabbing pains down below (this is because the head is so low it is causing me severe nerve pain, she said this is a good thing for birth as the contractions usually turn the head a little but mine is already there) and am now up again at 2.40am. I am hoping that this early stage won't disappear like poor Em's did, but for the time being although they are regular they are not getting closer together. Fingers crossed though by the end of today I will be further in labour as I don't think I can go the whole day like this! I will be so disappointed if they go! I find this whole thing quite bizarre actually.:)

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger SusanH said...

Bizarre, indeed! This is all new info. to me. I never knew one could be in labor for days! Good grief. I hope ur pains subside, hang in there, baby coming out is just around the corner

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Em said...

OMG OMG i went into early labour on thursday with my show, and then it stalled and then friday night the contractions were 2 minutes apart but it was active labour till about 12:30pm saturday and William was born on saturday afternoon at 1:12pm :)
I hope that all went well and that your bubs has arrived safely and that you pull up feeling fantasstic like i did:)
Em:)

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations on the birth of Jay! How exciting to have some more little ones here. I can't believe you had your boy the same weekend as Em. My little man is no longer a newborn now - how fast they grow up! Welcome to the world of being a MUM. I'm a new mum too and its always full of surprises, but absolutely amazing!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

Congratulations hon, I hope you don't mind that I announced it on my website... can't wait to meet Jay!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home