Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New gym equipment

I'm so excited we are buying some new equipment for my home gym. I am getting an Avanti home gym which has chest, row, cable, lat pulldown, leg press and some other bits and pieces on it. I didn't want to go too extreme, as alot of my workouts involve free weights and dumbells, but I wanted something with a lat pulldown on and various cable attachements so I can do seated row, bicep curls, tricep pushdowns etc. The added bonus is it comes with a leg press. It will take up alot of room but I need it. Also going to invest in some good dumbells in the weights I use. My bench will be my fitball. The reason for this is I'm worried when I go back to work I won't be able to make it to the gym as much. Hubby works shift work and I can't just get up and go before work as I now have a child to look after. The same goes for after work, and the gym creche is not open at these times. So by having it at home I can workout anytime without the worry. I will still go to the gym when I can, but by next October I won't renew my membership just work out at home. I just hope I get the same motivation to do it. I think I will.:) My cardio equipment is spin bike, treadmill and x trainer, although the x-trainer isn't very good and quite hard to use and I often get put off by this.

5 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Em said...

Sounds like a good buy hun!
Where did you get it? I was thinking of getting one of those ones that is compact, but like you i use free weights mostly but i do miss some of the cable equipment.
Good luck hun i am sure will find a rythem :)
Em:)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Em said...

When you get the chance would you please post a pic for me :)
Thankyou for your help hun:)
Em:)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Sam D-M said...

Sounds like the perfect piece to complete your gym! My home set up is almost complete, a few handy things to get are: a step for step ups, plyo jumps, jogging on/off, straddle jumping.... these things really get you HR up. The one I brought is the same as the gym with the elevators, I brought it on e-bay. Also a skipping rope is quiet handy.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger sarahz said...

Thanks Sam, I will have a look on e=bay, and yes Em I will post a pic when I get it I still have to buy it yet.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Em said...

Hi darl,
How are you?
Have you sorted out your hormone issues?
I hope all is well with bubs and yourself :)
Em:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home